You probably don’t think about the parts of a refrigerator until it stops cooling, or unless it comes time to buy a new model. In order to get the most use possible from this kitchen appliance it can be nice to understand how it keeps food cool—and ASAP Scottsdale Appliance Repair is here to help.
Continue reading to learn everything you will want to know concerning how a refrigerator works, how it cools your food and if it’s time to reach out to refrigerator repair Scottsdale.
Parts of a Refrigerator
There aren’t many houses that don’t have a refrigerator in the kitchen. It has been a standard kitchen appliance for many years. A household refrigerator will store your food at the best temperature, to reduce spoiling and limit the growth of harmful bacteria. The concept of refrigeration starts by distributing the heat from the inside of the unit to the exterior, by using principles of evaporation and condensation.
The standard parts of a refrigerator are. For questions or service call ASAP Scottsdale Appliance Repair:
A refrigerator compressor is a combination of a motor and pump, and it’s responsible for circulation of refrigerant dispensed in the cooling system.
A compressor is an important part of a refrigerator. You should call a professional service if the compressor is broken.
A refrigerator condenser is attached on the rear exterior wall of the refrigerator and helps to release the heat absorbed from within the refrigerator then out in the surrounding air.
A refrigerator evaporator is attached on the interior of the refrigerator where it absorbs the warmth held within it, effectively reducing the interior temperature.
Right when an evaporator isn’t working, it’s time to call a professional. Do not wait until it is too late.
Liquid coolant is carried through a capillary tube which acts as an expansion tool to cool the gas, thereby transforming the gas into liquid.
The refrigerator thermostat regulates the temperature throughout the refrigerator, starting a new cooling cycle when it is required.
A thermostat in a refrigerator is very prone to issues. Troubleshoot and hire a contractor in Scottsdale for repair right when a problem happens.
How Does Refrigeration Work?
1. Right when the temperature within the refrigerator goes higher than the set point sensors notify the compressor to begin, and the cool down begins. The unit draws in the cold liquified refrigerant, pressurizes and condenses the liquid, and increases the temperature, in order to turn it into a gas form.
2. The compressor pushes the heated gas towards the condenser coils on the exterior of the unit, where it comes in contact with the lower temperature in the kitchen and transforms back to a liquid state.
3. The cooled liquid then continues on its trip towards the refrigerator evaporator, finding its way through the coils in the interior of the appliance and top freezer.
4. The coolant then absorbs the heated air from inside the appliance, thereby cooling the temperature down to the desired final point.
5. The coolant evaporates, and turns back to a gas form, and then returns to the refrigerator compressor so it can then continue the cycle.
Refrigeration is often found in several applications and appliances, including heat pumps, air conditioners, refrigerators and freezers. By contracting warmth from one area and distributing it to another the cycle of refrigeration contributes in cooling your house, provides a safe environment for perishable food, and also helps with the manufacturing and storage of a number of different products and materials.
Need Refrigerator Repair?
Does your refrigerator need professional attention? Time to schedule repair with ASAP Scottsdale Appliance Repair.
ASAP Scottsdale Appliance Repair is able to repair nearly all standard brands of refrigerators – that includes restaurant models, side-by-side and stand-alone.Our experienced appliance repairmen in Scottsdale complete training to repair and troubleshoot problems with cooling, ice makers, condensation issues, puddles of water and leaks, lighting, touch controls, smart controls and various malfunctions. We know all there is to know about refrigerator repair! Call today!
OTHER REFRIGERATOR RESOURCES:
- Refrigerator Noisy
- Refrigerator Not Cooling
- Refrigerator Ice Maker Not Working
- Refrigerator Water Dispenser Not Working